Luck of the Draw Scholarship
At the upcoming EnerStar Electric Cooperative annual meeting on March 16, three lucky high school seniors could each win a $250 scholarship! It’s easy to qualify. Just come to the meeting with a parent and enter your name into the drawing by 9:15 a.m. and you could win! See below for all the details!
- The scholarship recipient must be a graduating high school senior whose parents/legal guardians are active members of EnerStar Electric Cooperative. The child must reside in the home where EnerStar provides the electricity.
- High school seniors and non-traditional students are allowed to apply. Non-traditional students include those attending private, parochial or home school.
- Applicants should register for the scholarship drawing at the EnerStar Annual Meeting of Members on Saturday, March 16, 2019 between 7:30 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. at Crestwood School. Three (3) scholarships each totaling $250 will be awarded during the meeting. Applicant and a parent must be present at the meeting.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students attending an accredited institute of higher education. This includes a 4-year college or university, vocational-technical trade school (offering associates degree), community college or junior college and business college (offering associates degree). The scholarship must be used for educational costs, and the student must enter the accredited institute in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given.
- Scholarship payout: Students receiving a scholarship are responsible to provide a copy of their class registration for the first quarter/semester within 30 days of receipt. Once correct documentation has been received and paperwork has been verified, checks will be made payable to the school and sent to the student/parent home address on record with EnerStar. Information can be sent to: Scholarship Program, EnerStar Electric Cooperative, 11597 IL Highway 1, Paris, IL 61944.