Text Messaging Instructions
Text messaging instructions for Smarthub
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Etc) and go to address https://enerstar.smarthub.coop. If you have already registered on Smarthub, login and then skip to step 10.
- Click where is says "New User? Sign up to access our Self Service site".
- Enter you account number, last name or business name and your email address, and then click on Submit.
- Enter your mailing zip code and the security number displayed, and then click on Submit.
- You will see the screen above, check your email for your temporary password and then click on Login.
- Enter you email address and the temporary password that was emailed to you and then click on Login.
- You will be prompted to change your password. Watch the Password Strength indicator to at least select a Medium strength password, confirm and then click Submit.
- You will be asked if you would like to turn off paper bills. Be sure to select No if you still want to receive your bill in the mail. Then click on Submit. Please note that the onetime credit of $5.00 is available for switching to paperless billing.
- The next screen is the Security Passphrase. Read the screen, select a phrase and click Save.
- This is the main Smarthub screen. Click on the Notifications link on the top banner.
- On the left navigation menu, click on Manage Contacts, and then click on "Add Text Message Contact".
- Add your cell phone number that you would like to receive text messages to and click "Send Verification Code".
- Once you receive the code on your cell phone, enter it in the box and click Verify.
- At this point your text messaging is set up. The default is to receive all notifications about power outages and restorations. If you click on Manage Notification on the left navigation menu, expand the Service notifications by clicking on the arrow by Service, you will see that all notifications are selected for all contacts. You can change this by clicking on "Edit" or unchecking the boxes. The "Options" selections on the right are not used at this time. If you are finished with Smarthub, you may Log Out.